flames 2

A man was injured in an early morning fire Jan. 7 at a home in the 500 block of Allen Place in De Soto, said De Soto Fire Chief James Maupin.

A woman also was at the home when the fire broke out, and she got out uninjured, Maupin said.

He said firefighters knew of at least one dog that also escaped the fire.

De Soto Fire got a call at 4:57 a.m. about the blaze.

“Smoke from the building – a small, single-story house – could be seen when we arrived,” Maupin said. “One resident, a woman, said there was still someone inside. He actually was on the back porch, but she didn’t know. He was exposed to smoke and heat. He was taken by Valle Ambulance to Mercy Hospital Jefferson.”

Maupin said the damage to the house was “pretty significant.”

“There was damage to at least two rooms,” he said.

On Tuesday (Jan. 12), Maupin said the state Fire Marshal’s office was investigating the fire.

He said no other information about the occupants or the cause of the fire was being released because of the investigation.

The De Soto Rural, Hematite and Hillsboro fire protection districts and the Crystal City Fire Department helped with the call. The Valle Ambulance District also responded to the scene.

0
0
0
0
0