Arnold Police are seeking an 18-year-old Arnold-area man for allegedly sending threatening social media messages to an Arnold woman. However, the man claims he had been “hacked” and didn’t send the messages.
The woman contacted Arnold Police on June 13 and said that the day before the man allegedly sent the messages via Snapchat, and she “feared that the suspect would act on those threats,” the report said.
Also on June 13, the man contacted the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office and reported that his Snapchat account had been hacked, Sgt. Matthew Moore of the Sheriff’s Office said June 28.
He said that case is under investigation.
Arnold Police had not arrested the suspect and were still investigating the case on June 28, Lt. Clinton Wooldridge said.
