flames 2

A Cedar Hill man arrived at his house at 6225 Cedar Springs Road on Oct. 11 to find smoke from a fire under the kitchen sink, Cedar Hill Fire Chief Mick Fischer said.

Fischer said the fire started when household chemicals mixed together under the sink. He said the fire burned down to the water line and the fire was out before crews arrived on the scene.

“The water line did our job for us,” he said.

Cedar Hill Fire Protection District received a call about the fire at 11:49 a.m., and firefighters arrived on the scene at 11:53 a.m. Crews remained there until 12:23 p.m., Fischer said.

He said the fire was ruled accidental. He also said there was more damage from the water than from the fire.

The High Ridge, Hillsboro and Eureka fire protection districts and the Big River Ambulance District helped with the call.

0
0
0
0
0

Locations