flames 2

A fire broke out Monday afternoon (Nov. 11) in the vent system at the McDonald’s restaurant, 12 Hilltop Village Center Drive, the Eureka Fire Protection District reported.

Eureka Fire was called to the restaurant at 4:46 p.m. because there was smoke in the lobby and grill area. When firefighters arrived at 4:50 p.m., they found smoke in the building and traced the cause to a fire in the vents, Eureka Fire public information officer Scott Barthelmass said.

“It took a while to find where it was,” Barthelmass said. “The fire was under control at 5:43 p.m. It appears there may have been some buildup in the vent system. We have determined it was an accidental fire. There is nothing suspicious about it.”

Barthelmass said the restaurant did not reopen that evening, but it reopened today (Nov. 12).

He said the freezing conditions outdoors did not affect Eureka Fire’s response to the fire.

“It is always something we have to take into account, but it did not hinder us at all,” Barthelmass said.

The Pacific, High Ridge and Metro West fire protection districts as well as the Meramec Ambulance District helped with the call, Barthelmass said.

0
0
0
0
0

Locations